Have a look at our

advertised properties online


to book a viewing of one

of our properties


to apply for one of

our properties online


Tenancy application 


If you have found a home that you would like to apply for please complete a tenancy application form and submit. We require a completed application for every person that intends to live in the property that is over the age of 18 years.

We aim to process each application as quickly as possible on a first in first served basis. Once we have spoken to your references and run credit checks, a decision is made and we will let you know as soon as possible.  

To ensure there are no delays please advise your references we will be contacting them and also please provide us with all the information we require to complete your application. Don't forget, we require a completed application for every person that intends to live in the property that is over 18 years old.









At Residential Rentals, we value our tenants and work to maintain a trustworthy, caring and professional relationship with every tenant. Everything you need as a tenant can be found in your Tenant Handbook, but if you have questions or you need help, you can contact us in the office or for any emergency on mobile 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. These are some of the most Frequently Asked Questions we receive from our tenants.


Can I apply for a property without seeing it?

We like all prospective tenants to see the property before their application can be considered. If you live out of town and are unable to view the property in person, please call us and we can have a chat to you about your situation and see how we can make it work for you.


What are the Move In costs if I rent through Residential Rentals Limited?

If you are successful in securing a rental home that is managed by us you will be required to pay the following:

  • One weeks' rent in advance before you move in
  • Bond is four week's rent and is lodged with the Bond Centre, who holds it in trust.


How do I pay rent?

Our Office Administrator, Sammy will be in touch with you to make arrangements to pay your rent. We will work with you to align it with your income so ensure you can pay when it's a good time for you. All payments are required to be set up by automatic payment.


What do I do if something in the property breaks?

If you require maintenance at your property and it is not urgent please call us or email your property manager the next business day and we will get this arranged for you. Please refer to the trouble shooting guide to see if there is a quick and easy way to resolve your issue.


Who do I call if I have an after hours emergency?

If you have an emergency at your property we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergencies. Please do not send emergency requests to us via email, if you require emergency assistance then telephone the office during our business hours or the after hours emergency mobile 021 742 730. Do not text an emergency.

If you have a plumbing emergency and water is leaking inside the property, please turn the water off at the mains to minimise any damage. If you have an electrical issue such as no power, please check that there are no faults in the street and also check your fuse box as there may have been an overload and the safety switch has been activated and needs re-setting.

The following constitute an emergency

  • Unsecured premises - for break in's please call the Police first

  • For a fire, please call the Fire Department

  • Serious water or plumbing leak

  • A house alarm will not turn off

  • No water to the house

  • No power to the house

  • A blocked toilet (if there is no other usable toilet)

  • Overflowing drainage


How do I pay for water?

Unless water is included in your rent, you will receive a monthly invoice for the water, which you’ll need to pay within 14 days of receipt. The amount will be only for the water that you use; fixed wastewater charges are paid by the Property Owner.


How long is my lease?

The start and end dates of your lease can be found in your tenancy agreement. Most leases at Residential Rentals Ltd are for a fixed term.


What do I do if I need early release from my fixed term tenancy? 

If you need to an early release from your fixed term tenancy, please call us direct or alternatively send your Property Manager an email. We discuss your situation with you and send you application to complete to request an early release from your fixed term tenancy. Once we receive a completed application we will action it by taking it to the owner and seeing what his / her / their response is.

Please note that an early release from a fixed term tenancy is by mutual agreement and there are costs associated with this.

When will you need to enter the property?

Throughout your tenancy we will require access to the property to conduct a move in inspection, routine inspections, viewings (if you are moving out) and move out inspections. The frequency of the routine inspections are dependent on the requirements of the property owners insurance policy and we will inform you of this at the start of your tenancy. We will give you at least 6 days notice before we wish to complete the routine inspection and as required by the Residential Tenancies Act 1986 we will also provide you with a day and approximate entry time. If maintenance or repair work is needed, we will need access to the property in order to do the necessary work. We will never turn up unannounced and all repairs will be scheduled and inspections communicated with you.


Do I need Insurance?

All of our tenants are strongly advised to take out contents insurance to guard against being sued for damaging rental properties. Even the most basic contents policy should contain provisions to insure tenants against carrying the liability for the entire cost of a house rebuild in the event of a terrible accident. We suggest you read and understand your insurance policy to make sure you know what the terms are.


Can the rent go up during a tenancy?

In a fixed term tenancy the rent may be increased, but only if it is written into the Tenancy Agreement. For all periodic tenancies these can also be increased. For both types of tenancies the landlord must provide you with 60 days notice of the increase. The rent cannot be increased within 180 days after the date that the last increase took place, or from the start date of the tenancy.


Can the Landlord sell the property if I have a Fixed Term Tenancy?

Yes, the landlord has the right to list his property for sale regardless of the term of the tenancy. However you will be entitled to remain in the property for the duration of the fixed term. This term may be extended if you and the new landlord agree. Residential Rentals Limited will negotiate with the landlord on your behalf to reach a mutual agreement.


What about sub-leasing?

Residential Rentals Limited Tenancy Agreements do not permit subleasing or assigning of a tenancy, this includes Airbnb.


What if some tenants move out during the tenancy?

If any one of those named on the Tenancy Agreement move out of the property this effectively brings the tenancy to an end, but if you wish to continue with the tenancy contact us to discuss what options are available.


Can I change the locks?

Not without the consent of Residential Rentals Limited. If it is agreed then you are obliged to provide Residential Rentals Limited with a set of the new keys.


What should I do if I am temporarily unable to pay my rent?

The most important thing to do is to contact Residential Rentals Limited as soon as you are aware there will be a problem with your rent payment. Simply ignoring the problem will not make it go away and very likely cause us concern and commence breach and eviction proceedings.


What documents should I, as a tenant, be given before I move into the premises?

The following items are required:

  • Copy of the Tenancy Agreement

  • Copy of the Bond Lodgement form

  • Receipt for initial rent amount and bond monies

  • Copy acknowledging all access keys and remote controls (if any) supplied.

  • Emergency contact number details